Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Prospective CBA Complete and Agreed Upon

Earlier today, it was announced that the NHL and NHLPA have agreed upon a prospective CBA. The agreement still needs to be ratified by both the NHL Board of Governors and the NHLPA. Here is the TSN article.

Hopefully, this will allow us back to hockey normalcy as soon as possible. I am very skeptical that this new CBA will be good for hockey. I hope to be proven wrong, but I don't think this CBA will make hockey any better for the fan (certainly not enough better to justify the loss of a season). I'm sure I will write many posts about it as things start to play out.

I believe that the NHL owners won this battle. I think the labor war is far from done. There may be more stoppages in the future. There may be a loss of talented players to European teams. The future is hard to predict at this point.

One thing is clear, the NHL has chosen to take a path where they have irreversably broken with its past. I hope the choice works out for the best. I have my doubts.

Comments:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=6926

Here's a list of people signed and the available players from TSN. Like the one that was mysteriously erased a little while back.
 
I read this post fully on the topic of the resemblance
of most up-to-date and previous technologies, it's awesome article.

Feel free to visit my web site: raspberry ketone diet
 
Amazing! Its actually remarkable post, I have got much clear idea concerning from
this paragraph.

my web blog plumbing and heating Sun City
 
So from now on as those companies will charge you on the spot for a roof to hold out for
many years. However, it requires a good deal heavier, meaning that there is only one strip.
Another high quality roofing like that of a conventional
roof. Steel is considered as the best option if capitol roofing
the space is to be used.

my web page :: Outlook Stable
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?