Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Picks For The Canadian Olympic Team

With the deadlines to pick Olympic teams, I will make my picks for the Canadian and American teams. Today, I will select Canada. These picks are NOT the players that I expect to make the team - that becomes a bit of a game of second guessing what I think Wayne Gretzky might do instead of making the best picks I think can be made. These picks are the people that I would select for the Canadian Olympic Team if I was allowed to select it.

Forwards:
Todd Bertuzzi
Rod Brind'Amour *I am aware he was not even on the long list of eligible players*
Simon Gagne
Dany Heatley
Vincent LeCavalier
Jarome Iginla
Patrick Marleau
Brad Richards
Joe Sakic
Jason Spezza
Eric Staal
Martin St Louis
Joe Thornton

Defensemen:
Rob Blake
Ed Jovanovski
Bryan McCabe
Scott Niedermayer
Chris Pronger
Wade Redden
Robyn Regehr

Goaltenders:
Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Marty Turco

The hardest part of picking a Team Canada is not finding talented players to fill out the lineup. The problem is that there are too many talented players. There are talented all stars and players with a successful history of playing for Team Canada internationally who are left off this team because of all the available talent. I think this is the best possible team Canada could have. At the same time, I think that the actual Team Canada will be different from this one.

Interestingly, all the consensus picks at battle of Alberta are choices on my team as well.

Comments:
Keep up the excellent piece of work, I read few posts on this internet site and I conceive that your web site is rattling interesting and has got lots of superb information. Places you need to visit in 2020? Upgrade your travel photos with these lightweigh camera that pack a punch. Enjoy the world 's best reviews to travel with Things to do .
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?